Friday, November 20, 2015

Love Manifested



I thought it was you I was awaiting

Me with my bright eyes,

Head in the clouds,

Open to receive what you would give to me

I was ready to love.  

You. You with the strong stance and light behind eyes

That indicated you were not only alive but was thrivin

Determine to live against the grain as I.



I felt inspired to inspire you.

Saw myself come along side and thought we

Could do marvelous things.

I’d be your balance and you would be my strength

I’d scratch your back and you would

Apply peppermint oil to my dry scalp.

And I’d rub your bald head after a long difficult day.

You would be the rock that stabilized me.



Is it funny how I’d see you in my distant future?

And you couldn’t see me past today

How I was thinking of committing

And you wasn’t thinking anything.

Now here I’m left wondering if I’d just fantasized the whole thing.

Left replaying events wondering what I could’ve done differently.

Trying to learn from such a hard lesson.



Forcing myself not to give up,

And wiping each tear away.

I honestly remember when I’d tell myself

Bitch man up, don’t cry.

Not over a man.

How I’ve a grown? Right?

The pain I’m presently feeling is a sign

That I stayed open.

Willing to take a risk on love

Willing to give my inner being.



This, this is not a good bye love poem.

And how I wished to never do it again.

It the contrary

To welcome love again.

For fear is never your friend.

It’s a reminder to my future self

To be vulnerable

Willing to give.

And if pain should knock on your door again

It’s because you choose to live life

As it was truly intended.

You are love.

Love manifested
 © 2015 Aloel Entertainment


No comments:

Post a Comment