Sunday, January 25, 2015

Awaken


I made it!
With feet planted on the ground and
Shouting victory from the top of my lungs

I am victorious.
Death wooed me
It tried to seduce me
with cycles of my past, but
I’d a glimpse of my future.
My destiny revealed itself, and
It’s mystical rewards were greater than
any pain I was feeling.
So, I stop feeling sorry for myself and decided to live.
Not just for me but for
Those who allowed misery to kiss their cheek.
Placing them in a sleep
Neva to awaken from their reoccurring nightmares.
I see dead people and
They don’t know they’re dead.
They’ve found a life of complacency
Refusing to think outside of the box
Allowing others to set their limits, or just
Acquiescing to the past failures
Not me.
I let it go.
I’m free as a bird
Nothing holding me back
Not even walking dead.
Feeding lies to each other, saying
You can’t do it and
You’re far too extreme.
Hell yeah I am
Because death tried to seduced me
It wanted to put me out of my misery
But then I saw purpose and that was far more
Rewarding.
So, I awaken from my reoccurring nightmare
And decided to be me.
The victoriously victor I am.

©2014 Leola Bellamy ALL RIGHTS RESERVED

No comments:

Post a Comment