Friday, November 20, 2015

IDENTITY



I've elevated thinking
Awakened
Consciousness
Raised eyes to creator
Found the true me.

I expand to reach
Higher self
Ascending in galaxies
Unfolding the call of
Divine femininity.
I found the true me

I big brown eyes
Curves in hips
Full lips
Booty jiggles
Manifested melanin
In freckles
Kinks in curls
Love the skin
I am in…
Found me

Me in banned textbooks
Engraved on Egyptian walls
Hidden in Demi-Gods
Traces of eraser leave
Specks on blackboards.
Intertwined cosmic
On Vatican Walls
Flow with Ocean waves
Blows with wind breeze
Discovered me.

I whitewashed
Deleted in history
Erased in Scared text
Assassinated to prevent,
Revealing
The Nicean Creed.
Raped
Molested
Ethnic Cleansing
Gentrification
Permed hair
Narrowed wide nose
Bleached skin
Reconnect with me.

I sing “we shall overcome”
Because we are awakening.
Afrika is rising
Ancestors are speaking
Kings are leading
Queens are teaching
Children are reaching
Higher heights in history.
We found us.

We are building
Black love's uniting
Authors are scribing
Black
Is
Beautiful.
Our history revealing
itself.
Hidden Colors
Translucent through white walls.
“Brown skin's” back in.
Afro puffs increasing
Awareness rising
Drum calls
Synchronizing paths.
We found our true selves.

Heart beat in-sync
Love manifesting
Knowledge increasing
“Power to the people”
Is not just a chant
But a lifestyle.
Group Economic practiced
Parents are active
Teaching African centered
Curriculum.
Found Us.

Collectively agreeing
Differences aside
Unifying one tribe
We found each other.
Thus finding ourselves.
I raised my eyes and saw you.
My brother and Sister
I've found myself
In you

© Copyright 2015 Leola Latonya Bellamy. All Rights Reserved.






No comments:

Post a Comment